As I was going to blogger’s blogs to get their address so I could link to them after nominating them for the Inspiring Blogger Award, imagine my surprise as I got to claudiagiulia‘s blog. She had been busy making nominations for the Sunshine Award. And there I was, on her list of nominations. Great minds think alike Claudia! Thank you!
The Rules of the Sunshine Blog Award are 1) Accept the award; 2) post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link; 3) answer the questions below; 4) pass the award to 10 other blogs providing links to their blogs; and 5) contacting them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
1. favorite color? – greens: forest green, moss green, kelly green
2. favorite animal? – the big cats: lions, Bengal tigers, cheetah, lynx, etc. Why? Check this out.
3. favorite number? – 2
4. favorite drink? – lemonade. Alcoholic: Lambrusco. But I drink ice water all day.
5. Facebook or Twitter? – Twitter. I think FB is going downhill. Tweets are fun to do and fun to say: Tweet, tweet! Compare that to saying Facebook, Facebook. Nah, not the same.
6. what is your passion? – Cooking, baking, gardening, eating, writing, watching independent films, PBS, blogging. There’s more but I don’t have all day!
7. giving or getting presents? – It seems to me that people give presents to give what they would like to get or would get something out of themselves. Case in point, I had a boyfriend who gave me a box of chocolate pecan clusters. They were HIS favorite candy! I had another boyfriend who bought me a red skirt. It was too short, too tight, and had a belt that was too wide. In other words, I looked like a hooker. Therefore, I would rather give a present.
8. favorite pattern – herringbone. It sounds like a fish and the thought of a bone being in a pattern……well, it all just works for me. Plus, it’s a nice pattern.
9. favorite day of the week? – any day that I wake up and can get on an elliptical trainer or strength training machine.
10. favorite flower? – Any flower that is blue. I’ve got a thing for blue in the garden as I’ve mentioned in my blog before. I’ve got blue flowers around my yard and I also mentioned that I have Blue Columbine flowers. I checked on them today and I am glad to say they are coming back. (My neighbor’s landscaper mowed them down.) I watered them too as a reward for being so determined. The flowers, not the landscaper. Although I would like to take a fire hose to him.
Congratulations to all. If you see your blog here, don’t wait for me to contact you. You can get started displaying the award logo on your blog and following the directions posted in this post. Just leave me a comment so I know that you’ve already started so I don’t have to contact you and we end up doing double duty. Enjoy your award!
***If anyone doesn’t know how to set up their award, let me know and I will help you figure it out.