I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by EarthMermaid. Thank you for nominating me. I love the message your blog sends!
This award is for blogs with less than 200 followers. It’s a great way for bloggers to give a shout out to blogs they like and expand their network, while helping other bloggers gain a broader audience too. It’s also a fun way for bloggers to get to know more about their followers and share some fun facts about themselves!
The Rules for Accepting the Award:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator.
2. Pass the award on to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
3. Display the Liebster Blog Award in your post.
4. These rules are not written in stone. If you break the rules, I will not call the Liebster law.
My 11 Facts about Myself:
1. I love artichokes. I’m cooking 4 stuffed artichokes as we speak. You have to get good ones. All artichokes are not created equal and it is not easy to know good ones from tough ones.
2. I love broccoli rabe or some call it Rapini. I like to make a sandwich out of it on crusty bread or a sesame seeded Kaiser roll! I’m trying my hand at growing it in my garden this year and the seeds have already sprouted! Yipee!
3. Lamb chops are my favorite meat. Thank God they are too expensive for me to buy often!
4. My favorite type of movie is a psychological thriller.
5. I can’t have chocolate hazelnut spread in the house because I will eat half the jar (or more).
6. I like to fix things: toilets, jewelry, thread-bare gloves, broken shovels, wheels on lawn mowers, you name it. It’s like a jigsaw puzzle and I like to study the thing, whatever it is, and figure out how to fix it!
7. I save odds and ends parts so that I might have them for when I need to fix something (see #6).
8. I love chewy foods. Have I told you lately how much I love bulgur?
9. I love art and I love to visit art museums. I get lost in the paintings of some artists.
10. I have a crush on Jeremy Sisto. (But I also still love Charles Bronson.)
11. I vacuum spiders.
My answers to Earthmermaid’s questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Italy. I’ve got cousins there and I’ve visited them. I love the food and the artistic beauty there.
2. What do you like for breakfast?
Good question! I don’t like breakfast and I have trouble coming up with ideas for a breakfast that can get me excited! I usually force myself to eat breakfast I’m sorry to say. (However, I’m crazy about dinner!)
3. What about yourself do you like most?
My sense of humor. I crack myself up.
4. Which is more meaningful to you – strong mind or strong body?
Tough one! I am very into exercise so I’ll say exercise knowing that a good, strong mind automatically follows a healthy, well-exercised body!
5. What is your most efficient way of handling stress?
6. Are you a morning or night person?
I love the morning air so I’ll say morning but you’d never know it by the hours I keep.
7. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Kickboxing and boxing. I’ve got dvd’s for both. You don’t know how much fun it is (even if you do it alone) until you try it!
8. If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
I’d make every person, especially those in countries that are always at war like Syria, or provoking war, like North Korea, spend several years in therapy.
9. What books have you read that inspired you?
Seize the Day, The French Lieutenant’s Woman, The Swan Thieves, all my psych text books and all my Italian language books.
10. Guilty pleasure?
I’ve known a few pleasures but I don’t have the guilt!
11. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as a way to attract people to my freelance writing articles. My blog has taken on a life of its own and so I’m in the process of re-grouping so that I can go back to writing articles but also keep up with my blog. However, at this moment, house and health check-ups are interfering with those plans. I am encouraged because I am getting a lot done around here! Maybe I should take pictures and do a post about these accomplishments. Although it’s unfortunate that the trash men have picked up all my evidence this morning of all the bushes/trees/vines I hacked down/pruned/sawed!
My Blog Nominations:
1. Gerard Villanueva
5. The Good Villager
6. Laura Dickey
Here are my questions for the winners:
1. What is your favorite book and why?
2. Who is your most admired person and why would you like to spend a day with him/her?
3. What is your favorite dish?
4. What is your favorite form of exercise?
5. What is your best skill at work?
6. What is your favorite or most used expression?
7. What makes you madder than a wet hen?
8. What was the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a stranger?
9. If you could be a famous artist, who would you be?
10. What is your best dance step? (e.g. Cha-cha, tango, funky chicken, etc.)
11. What was the longest hike/walk you’ve ever taken and how long did it take you to recover?
Congratulations to the winners!